Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Weighing in

Oh yeah. It has been a while! And to be quite honest, I've definitely not been concentrating on weight *loss* during my time away from the blog. My exercise has really fallen by the wayside, but thankfully, my nutrition knowledge has really stuck with me. I really don't even want to go back to the unhealthy ways, and it isn't a sacrifice at all, just a choice. Every time we were at a buffet (why do they always have to choose a buffet?!), I made the rounds to see what were my best options before I even considered digging in.

So ... on to the results. I can't even remember the last time I mentioned here, so we'll just start anew, shall we? This morning's weigh in was 183 pounds, exactly 54 pounds lighter than when I started my journey. That's only right at a 5 pound loss (4.8, I think) for this year. Not so great, but I can't beat myself up over it. I definitely will have to step it up though, if I want to meet my goal of losing 30 pounds this year. At my current rate, I'll only lose 20!

I started walking again yesterday. Walking as in exercise-walking, not the normal 'round the block thing with the urchins. I can tell that my endurance level has decreased, but I'm not overly concerned. I will get it back! My plan for this week is to walk every single day, even if it's only a couple of miles. On Saturday we (as a family) are going to participate in a spring clean for a local historic cemetery. Raking leaves, picking up sticks, cleaning some of the stones of moss ... just making it look nice for the community. I always feel like I get a good workout in whenever there is yard work involved!

Onward and downward! (And we'll hope it is slightly more downward than in previous weeks!)



1 comment:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race! And, when I saw my doctor a few month back, he said that he did not care if I only lost 5 pounds in a year because he said that at least I was not gaining weight. He is against loosing quickly in general. I only lost 30# last year. I have 70# to go. If I only loose 20# this year, I'll be very happy because I want this to be a lifestyle and not a crash course. In other words, I think you're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete