Friday, March 30, 2012

Weighing in

You'd think that I would be able to manage to have a simple weigh in post be written on time. Apparently not! Between husband, children, and dogs, I barely have had time to sit down!

This week's weigh in was quite a shock. I lost 2.6 pounds! Holey cow! That was completely unexpected, as ... um ... yeah ... we went out to eat four times. For dinner. And at least once for lunch. It has been crazy busy around here, and my husband tends to balk at cereal or oatmeal for dinner, so he made the executive decision for us to eat out. Thankfully, I think the busyness is over, at least for a while, so we're back to eating food that we prepare at home most of the time. Our only regular eating out is pizza on Wednesday night before church because it's fast and easy.

That brings my total weight loss to 56.6 pounds. Oh my word.

I've been making do with my husband's XL t-shirts most of the time. They are starting to be too big on my shoulders. For someone who lived in 3XL shirts (and was honestly about to outgrow those), that is more than a little astonishing. So I dug out the free t-shirt from the pet relocation company we used, and sure enough, that size Large shirt that my daughter was wearing as a nightshirt fit better than most of what I had been wearing.

Now if only I could get rid of the belly fat!

This week we'll be getting back into routine that will include actually getting the laundry folded and meals cooked at home. I'm not expecting a major loss like that again though. Losing that much in one week was probably related to the fact that I have been on the go so much!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It shows that you have learned how to eat away from home, which is a difficult skill. I am sure you'll continue to do well and loose the belly, in time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! And your grand total this far is AWESOME!!! For me- the belly was the last to go. Just keep going and it will all come together! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete