Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy (belated) birthday to MEEEEE!

Birthdays are a big deal in our family. Not gift-wise, but we make it a celebration. The birthday person chooses how to spend the day, in pretty much all aspects. As a homeschooling family we have the freedom to take a vacation day, so we do.

The day started with my daughter serving breakfast -- coconut pie. :) And yes, I actually did eat it. With a big glass of milk because that much sugar, that early in the day is not good for me.



Since this was MY birthday, I chose to visit a lighthouse museum, one that I'd been intending to visit for quite a while. This actually had the added bonus of qualifying for a history field trip (hehehe ~ sneaky!).

Afterward, on the way home, we had a few extra minutes, so I stopped on a whim at the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. And I decided to climb Mt. Baldy, which is really just a huge sand dune. It is amusing and amazing to me that this -- climbing a sand dune -- was one of my chosen activities. That is so different from the person I used to be.

I like this me.






2 comments:

  1. We went to that lighthouse museum a few years ago. It was cool. Coconut pie is awesome any time of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu!! :)

    ReplyDelete