Monday, June 13, 2011

12-Week Sprint: Week 3

Technically the title is "12-Week Sprint to the Finish" but I'm nowhere near my finish, so I'm just dropping the "finish" part.

Fitness: I am probably most proud of this one. My main form of exercise is walking. I walk about 30 miles a week. I like it, and it's easy enough that I do it often. (This is key for me.) But this week I challenged myself and put in a Tae Bo DVD I had found at the thrift shop. I've had it for a while, probably 9 months or so, and I had never tried it because I was scared. I mean, real workout people do those workouts. I'm an overweight goob who has never exercised in her life. Here's the thing: I ROCKED IT. I am so proud!!! Was I perfect? No. I didn't expect to be, but I stepped out and challenged myself, and that is what pleases me most.

Nutrition: Slow and steady wins the race here. I'm still figuring out what is worth the calorie expense and what is not, but I am consistently under my calorie goals.

Motivation: Reading. Reading, reading, reading. I've been collecting quotes and reading a few blog posts. Also, my current book:



GOOD STUFF, my people. GOOD STUFF. Lots of statistical information -- I'm kind of a nerd and I like that -- but not so much that it should put non-nerdy people off. It is just a fascinating look at how we eat and how everything from marketing to packaging to our companions affect our behaviors. I'm about 2/3 through it, and so far I would highly recommend it.

So that sums up my week. I don't seem to have a problem with the nutrition or the motivation part, so this week I'm going to focus on continuing with my walking and add in a few more of those challenging workouts.

1 comment:

  1. Yay on the workout video! It feels good to know that you're getting healthier.

    I'll have to check out that book. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete