Monday, January 21, 2013

Water

It's a very wonderful thing, water. That song is played on Sirius Kids Place Live relatively often, and I just love it. It's true. Water is wonderful.

I have no trouble drinking enough water during warmer weather. In the winter, not so much. I want warm, warm, warm! Warm water doesn't taste so great to me, at least not without being infused with coffee or tea!

To combat this, I devised a little system, which was actually based on getting my daughter to drink her cranberry juice. She only needed to drink eight ounces, so I split it into two four ounce servings. Four ounces is like two healthy swigs. Completely attainable! She did it, easily, and we went on with our happy day.

Hmmm.

I approached my water consumption the same way. I set my kitchen timer for 15 minutes, and every time it went off, I fill my little cup with four ounces of water, drink, and set it on the counter for the next time. Such an easy solution.


As you can see, it helped tremendously. Each of those tic marks represents four ounces, so on Friday, I measured 7.5 cups. This is only for when I am at home (obviously), so when I leave I take a bottle of water with me and make sure I am done when I get back. It also does not include anything I drink outside of that, so I easily made my 8 cups that day. (I realize that most experts say that 8 cups is an arbitrary, outdated number, but it has traditionally be a good goal for me.)

My measuring tools are a powerful arsenal for me, and this is just another example.

Happy sipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment