Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tools

These are my favorite, most used tools in making meals for myself.


Food scale. It measures in both grams and ounces. I used to use a postage scale and converted from ounces to grams. This is a lot easier on the math!

Measuring spoons. While I have a whole set of those stacking measuring spoons (and measuring cups), the ones which get the most use are the tablespoon and the 1/4 cup spoons. The 1/4 cup one also measures to 1/8 cup.

Measuring cups. The smaller glass measuring cup was an impulse purchase several years ago, but it proved -- even then -- to be very valuable. It measures teaspoons and tablespoons, and individual ounces up to 4 ounces. Incredibly useful. This one is a replacement for the first one, which my daughter broke. It wasn't until then that I realized how much I used it, even before I was watching my food intake. The larger glass measuring cup goes to 1 cup. I do use a larger 2-cup measuring cup, but these are the two that get used daily, and usually at every meal.

The plant. His name is Charles. He's just there for moral support.

3 comments:

  1. I need to get scale. I'll put it on my birthday wish list. Keep up the good work! Measuring keeps us honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love how you have Charles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It didn't seem right to leave Charles out, since he managed to sneak in to the photo. LOL. Besides, he and I discuss food choices at almost every meal. He's a good listener.

    ReplyDelete