Thursday, October 27, 2011

10 Things About Me

Shamelessly stealing this from Jill, who didn't tag me, but I'm butting into the game any old way.

So here goes ... ten things that you didn't know and probably don't care about one way or the other but I'm telling you anyway! :)

1. I do not have an addictive personality. I find it hard to get attached to simple things -- like television shows I enjoy. (I've realized that my snacktackular habits come from *availability* rather than addiction.)

2. I used to work at a comedy club. During my five-year stint there I did almost everything except actually get on the stage. Sold tickets, seated customers, tended bar, served, even cooked once. I took Judy Tenuta to Graceland. I had dinner with Chris Rock. I went shoe shopping with Thea Vidale. It was a fun time.

3. I only give three Christmas gifts to each of my children and my husband. My son's first Christmas was an overwhelming eye-opener, and my husband and I decided to deal with it right then. For the past twelve years, each person has only gotten three gifts, symbolic of the three gifts the wise men brought to Jesus.

4. I loathe ketchup. Most condiments and dressings, actually, but ketchup actually makes me ill.

5. My dad was a mechanic, and by the time I was 10 I could take apart a starter or alternator and put it back together.

6. My favorite thing to do in my dad's shop was clean parts with the sand blaster. The black leather gloves reminded me of Darth Vader.

7. My husband and I were so poor when we got married that my weekly grocery budget was $17. At the time we lived in a place where there were roadside vegetable stands from backyard gardens at just about every house -- $1 for a paper bag of tomatoes, $2 for a plastic bag of squash, $1 for a paper bag of cucumbers .... Those roadside stands saved my grocery budget numerous times.

8. I have a BA in English, a BA in history, and an MA in history.

9. I am the second person (and so far, the last) in my entire family to go to college. The first was my uncle, who is a doctor.

10. I love Star Trek. Original series, please!

That was a fun trip down memory lane. :) If you're reading, consider yourself tagged! And leave a comment so I'll know to read yours!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Steal away! The next time I get tagged in something I promise to tag you back!! :)

    #2 and #3 are my favorite things. Maybe you could write a post expanding on them?!?!?!

    Maybe you could help me with my grocery budget!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you did this! Very interesting. I love Star Trek any series. We just finished watching the original one with the kids.

    ReplyDelete