Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Weighing in

Ah, drat. This morning's weigh showed another gain -- .6 pounds.

This one doesn't surprise me. It doesn't make me happy, but I'm not surprised. I've been spending entirely too much time in the kitchen (and thus, snacking more) and significantly less time moving.

I could blame it on lots of things, but I think that's the issue. And what is the point in doing if I'm not honest about it?

My CardioTrainer shows that I've only walked 11 miles in the last 7 days when I'm normally around 25 miles for a 7-day total. And those 11 miles were a total of two days. Yep. I only bothered to do it two days in the last week (Wednesday to Wednesday). Granted, there is nothing shabby about 11 miles in two days, but if those are the ONLY two days ... well, I see what happens.

Snacking has always been an issue for me, and I *had* conquered it. Apparently the snack-monster is on the loose again, and I have to put him back in his cage.

So, a new week. I'm going to start logging my foods into My Fitness Pal again. I think having to log it makes it more "real" to me, and perhaps that will help. The weather has turned chilly, so I'll be hitting the treadmill -- a lot more than I was!

Onward and downward! :)

2 comments:

  1. These are the doldrums for me, too. And,Halloween candy is coming and I need to be strong, and in a good routine. My intensity has waned. All that to say, I too, need to get back to MFP. I was using the excuse that I did not have a smart phone and thus it was not convenient! ( Ha! Too bad, I say.) Onward and downward, indeed, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I track- and track honestly... I lose. I hate it, but I need it. I think once you start tracking with MFP you will see the results you want! Tracking is the magic thing for me *sigh*

    ReplyDelete