Thursday, December 15, 2011

December goal

Yes, I realize we're halfway in already. I've been thinking about this for a few days, but I haven't done more than think about it. Suddenly I've realized that this month in particular should have a goal. It is easy to get distracted with all of the busy fun and not remember that I need to focus on my personal goals.

My goal for December is to walk 110 miles.

So now it's out there. Lofty? Perhaps. My highest walking month to date is June 2011 at 104 miles. In June I could walk outside (comfortably!) and get a little additional exercise in. Now I really can't, not when it's 29 degrees out there. And in June we weren't doing schoolwork for several hours a day.

But at mid-month, I've already walked 55 miles, so I think it is not an unreachable goal. I'm going for it.

Anyone want to join with a goal?

1 comment:

  1. That's a huge goal! I think you can do it. I should keep track of my miles, just for fun, but I don't know how long my walk is at the park. I can't measure it via a vehicle. No motors on the path. Maybe I will track minutes next month.

    ReplyDelete