Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Weighing in

I've lost 50 pounds over the 18 months. Yes, I know it's slow, but it has been a real learning process for me. And now I really can say that I fully understand when someone says it's just as much about the journey as the end result.

My little scale-step this morning put me up by .2 pounds. And I'm totally good with that!

Today, I can really tell how far I've come. Last year I don't remember even thinking about weighing in, calories, energy expended. Not during the holidays. This year, it is on my mind daily. I don't obsess over it, but I do consider it before I eat anything.

This week we'll be having our 12th annual Christmas Eve Mexican Fiesta, then our usual Christmas feast. I honestly don't think I will be able to focus on exercise very much until after Christmas Eve. And I'm a baking fiend right now! The cream cheese filled snickerdoodles are a sincere temptation. Cream cheese is like kryptonite to me! I'm hoping that we have hungry people at the party and they eat all of the goodies.

Right now it's hard for me to put in the proper exercise time, plus get ready for our Christmas Eve fiesta, plus do schoolwork, plus do our volunteer work, plus do family activities .... Maintaining is a perfectly acceptable course of action for me right now!

After Christmas though ... watch out!

Onward and downward! :)




2 comments:

  1. 50 pounds is incredible! We both know that this season will end and the constant food will disappear, making it much easier to eat right. I am quite enjoying this Christmas of moderation. I hope I can keep it up through the weekend though. I must! Have a great Christmas, although I know it will be a harder one without your father. I'll be praying for your comfort to come from above and not the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo!! You have learned an incredibly valuable lesson of this journey! Slow and stead equals success! A gain does not equal failure! I am so proud of you! I hope you are proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete