Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quote

"Pictures are deceiving and don't show progress, determination, and inspiration."

-- tbennett98 on My Fitness Pal

I was looking through old photos not long ago, and they aren't pretty. My current photos DON'T show as much progress as I 'd like, and they sure don't show the change in mind-set.

Pictures don't show the multifaceted dimensions of change.  Because so much of the change is within, they simply can't. It is so easy to forget that when looking at pictures though.

This past weekend I took a photo with my wonderful grandmother at her 87th birthday party. She looks lovely, and I ... I don't look the way I feel. It saddened me. But I put the picture up anyway because I love my sweet grandmother. Instead of looking at the photo and feeling disappointment, I really ought to be looking at it and seeing the bigger smile and the more comfortable stance. And the potential. Always the potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment