Thursday, June 9, 2011

Motivational Quote

"If you want something you've never had, then you've got to do something you've never done."

A quick Google search attributes it to Drina Reed, although I read it without an attribution several weeks ago and have been thinking about it since.

Those are true words! Only once before in my life have I lost weight. Why? Because I went to college, absolutely hated the food, and survived on the salad bar and cereal. Most people gain weight their freshman year. I lost 30 pounds.

That year was the only time I've ever really changed my eating habits. The rest of the time, I ate typical Southern food. Fried, buttered, and lots of it. And in addition, I didn't get out and DO much.

I don't like sports.
I don't take the heat well.
I have a tendency to laziness, although I like to think of it as inertia (a body at rest tends to stay at rest ...) because it sounds better.

Those are all facts, so obviously something had to change. I had to get over the "but I LIKE fried foods!" and the "but I HATE exercise!" There's no way around it.

Do something you NEED to do to make the changes you WANT. It's as simple as that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, girl, we are so much alike. Inertia. I like that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete