Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Small back story

January 2010: We got home from my daughter's birthday party, and I felt miserable. Right then, I decided that I had to make some changes. Of course, I was in the middle of moving at the time. Things DID change, but not as fast as I wanted. My husband had already "moved" and was living in a hotel in our new area. We still had to choose a house, and we had to sell our old one. It was chaotic.

Even with all of that, I lost about 10 pounds, and I felt better. Not great, but better.

March 2010: We closed on our new house (YAY!) and moved in at the end of March. It was so nice to be living with my husband again! We had been apart for about 7 months by then.

April 2010: Various commitments kept us traveling almost the whole month, so I didn't actively do anything, but I didn't gain anything back either.

Summer 2010: Aaaaaah! Summer! I started to get a bit more serious about the losing weight thing, and I ended up losing another 7 pounds or so.

Fall 2010: Oh dear. I stalled. Badly. Again, I didn't GAIN anything, but I sure didn't lose anything either.

Winter 2010-2011: My groove was back. I started counting calories and exercising daily. What a HUGE difference!! I felt motivated and better than ever!

Spring 2011: Hmmm. Spent almost all of March traveling, and I hit a slump. I've been losing and gaining the same 3 pounds since the beginning of April. That will stop!

So here it is ~ June 1. I'm currently down about 35 pounds, rebooting and going strong! Planning to be 20 pounds down by mid-August. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment