Saturday, November 19, 2011

Unintended consequences

Tonight I went in search of a snack. In my search I came across a container of fudge that we had bought on Mackinac Island.

I didn't want it.

Not a bit. Not at all. It shocked me, to be so completely uninterested in it.

I looked around a bit and realized that I really just wanted a banana with a bit of peanut butter. And again I was shocked.

It happened earlier today as well, when I had to make a lunch choice at a festival. I chose a barbecue chicken sandwich and fries, but I ended up giving the whole thing to my husband. Then i went to  get a salad.

Who is this person I have become? Is this what it feels like to be healthy, to be in control and cognizant of how those little choices matter? And perhaps most importantly, I wonder when it moved from willpower to preference.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I have gone through this transformation too! I a too am shocked and wonder when the switch happened. Now I am just THANKFUL that it happened!!! You have arrived! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. It will serve you well this holiday season!!!

    ReplyDelete