Monday, August 15, 2011

12-Week Sprint: Week 12

Week 12! EEK! I honestly can't believe how fast the summer has gone by. It was 59 degrees here this morning. Hello, fall! Dropping by a bit early, eh?

Fitness:  I've added 2.5 pound ankle weights as well as 2 pound hand weights to my walk, and I can tell that those little additions have made it much more challenging. After the first walk with them, I was questioning whether I should use them again because I was wiped out! And then I realized that at one time I didn't have a CHOICE on whether to put down that extra 9 pounds. And now I am thinking about putting them down just because it's harder? What kind of crazy logic is that?! ::smack::

Nutrition: I'm finding that getting at least 75% of the calcium requirement isn't difficult to manage if I plan it in, but the problem is that I don't always WANT the foods that will get me there. Selfish? Yes. But truthful. I'm going to experiment with coffee/almond milk/yogurt smoothies to see if I can make a tasty snack that will help. I do love my coffee.

Motivation: No books this week, but I have been taking motivation from all around me, whether it is a church marquee, a friend's comment that I look better, or the "reward" pants in my closet that fit but need a bit more work from me to look good.

This week: Keep on keepin' on! We'll be traveling this weekend and part of next week, so I want to get in extra an extra exercise time every day this week. Since I've got so much to do before we leave, I don't know how possible that is, but I'm going to try. I already did my morning walk, and this afternoon I'm taking my two urchins + two friends to the Museum of Science & Industry. I'm guessing I'll be chasing the two youngest at least. Maybe that will count for my extra walk today? :)

2 comments:

  1. You inspired me to get my calcium today. I had a latte! Sugar free of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I've had a full glass of almond milk for the last two days. It has helped!

    My yogurt/almond milk/coffee smoothie wasn't good. It think it was the yogurt. It had that yogurty tang that just didn't taste quite right. I'll try it again without the yogurt sometime.

    ReplyDelete