Monday, August 1, 2011

12-Week Sprint: Week 10

YIKES. Week 10 already! This summer has gone by too quickly.

Fitness: Not bad, not bad. Continuing with walking an average of 26 miles a week. I also did a "cardio dance" DVD, but I didn't really care for it. That surprised me because I love to dance. But alas, maybe I'll just keep dancing on my own. :) This week I'm adding something a little different -- roller skating. I am wondering if I ought to be a little worried about this.

Nutrition: Mostly the same, although I did splurge on a few things (namely Mexican food and barbecue). I've been adding more fish into my diet. As always, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Yesterday at a birthday party, I found I was craving the watermelon, not the pizza. VICTORY!

Motivation: This probably ought to be a separate post. I've been reading, reading, reading. Most recently, this one:



In the interest of full disclosure, I am not a fan of Huckabee. I liked the title. The book doesn't really say more than any other "get healthy" book out there, but there are a few really good nuggets that I took from it. The two biggies are how my healthier outlook affects others (both positively and a perceived negative) and how certain actions can provide a "reason" for failure. All things I've heard before, but those really stood out in this presentation.

This week: Keep on keepin' on. To meet my goal for the Sprint, I'll need to lose 12 pounds in 3 weeks. Eh, it might be possible, but I don't see it as probable OR healthy, so I won't be doing anything drastic just to reach it. Going like things have been, I might be able to do half of it though. I'll just keep at it and see how far I get!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so glad that you took the time to comment on my blog. I so need the encouragement! I have so far to go and this journey is hard. I will see if my library has that book. Keep up the hard work. You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am still only about halfway to my goal, but I am committed to see it though. I'll be happy to encourage you on your journey as well!

    ReplyDelete