Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Weighing in

Subtitled RAWR! and ARGH!

This week I had a .6 pound gain! Is this what a plateau is like? I've been hovering right around this weight for about two weeks. Well, actually a month if I consider the weigh in before the trip to see my family. ME NO LIKEY!

This has happened before, but I really thought it was just that I wasn't logging my food intake properly or not exercising as much. That isn't it this time because I HAVE been weighing and logging my meals, and I have been under my calorie goals all but two days (I went over by a total of 400 calories). My exercise level has been consistent as well. ARGH!

If this is like the other times, I'll probably move past it in about a week or so, which is great, but it sure won't get me any closer to my 12-Week Sprint goal.

RAWR.

2 comments:

  1. That's bummer for certain. I try to tell myself all the "non-scale" victories count, too. Like, how do your clothes fit? Or hooray for the fact that you have been very consistent. Yes, we want the scales to go down in proportion to our efforts, but I cannot let myself get upset or give up if they do not. I am in the holding pattern myself right now. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jenn! Those little non-scale victories DO count, and they are sometimes even more important than what's on the scale. I mentioned to someone else today that I am doing this because I NEED to do it. The smaller number on the scale is really just a bonus. Quitting isn't an option.

    At the moment I have exactly one pair of pants (capris) that fit. Everything else is too big, and I refuse to buy more at the moment. I've just been hitching things in with a belt, which looks frumpy but is certainly less expensive. I will probably buy more when cooler weather gets here.

    ReplyDelete