Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weighing in

Oh lawzy. Well, it could have been worse! This week's weigh in showed me at exactly the same weight as last week.

As I mentioned, I do get on the scale daily and write it on my calendar. I wasn't expecting much, although there was the hint that I might have lost at least the half-pound gain from last week. But this morning ... nope.

I've been musing over it all day. I could attribute it to a couple of different things, but to be perfectly honest ... I think it's because I didn't exercise as much. I looked back over my week, then my exercise diary, and sure enough, only ONE day in the last week did I put in what I consider a full workout. I did two half-workouts, one 3/4-workout, one full workout and three nothing days.

Yeah. Three days where I didn't do a workout at all! I wasn't sitting on the couch or anything. In fact, one day we walked all over the Museum of Science & Industry, and that is not a small building! But I didn't make myself WORK with it; it didn't make me all sweaty and gross (the other museum-goers appreciate that ...), and it certainly didn't get my heart rate up (except maybe the explosion experiments in the rotunda).

My calorie counts were consistently at or below my target. The only difference was my exercise commitment! That's a wake-up call for sure. How many times to I have to be taught this lesson? I guess until I learn it!

So today I added an extra 20 minutes to the 60 minutes I normally do. I don't know how often I can do that since school has started again and I have significantly more time constraints, but I'm going to shoot for three times a week. If I can do it, it will be the equivalent of an extra workout, which might help me push through to the next level.


1 comment:

  1. All the books say it is a simple thing to loose weight, just eat less and move more, but I say it is not so. My weight was up 1.2 pounds today. I've been working out at least 5 days a week for over a month, really trying. And I don't think I am eating excessively. I think my metabolism is shot. I am considering getting some vitamins and see if that helps. I really don't want to have to go see a doctor, but I may have to. *sigh* I hope you are able to do the extra and that you see results. I hope your library has the DVD, too.

    ReplyDelete