Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weighing in

The post-vacation one! Did you miss me terribly? Think of me often? :)

I am thrilled to report that I gained .4 pounds! That doesn't sound quite right, does it?

Well, this is post-vacation, where I didn't technically work out once, although I did climb Castle Rock, walk Whitefish Point (including climbing the lighthouse), walk Oswald's Bear Ranch, and walk all over Mackinac Island. Among several other things! It was a fantastic vacation!

It made me realize how inactive I am in my daily life. Not that I sit around and am a sloth, but I don't get OUT and DO like that. For a long time I was taking the children out to some tourist place at least once a week. That was when we had moved and were getting familiar with the area. Since we've been here over a year now, I had stopped without even realizing it. I'm thinking I ought to get back to it.

While I'm pleased that I didn't gain a lot on vacation, I'm back in the groove and hoping to be down at least a pound by next week!

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous. I hope we can go up there next summer at least once! I vote for a weekly dune hike. :-) So glad you are back to posting. Yes, I did miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thank you! I just posted my loss for this week, which WAS that one pound I was hoping! :)

    ReplyDelete