Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quote

"Cultivate good habits. Bad ones will grow wild."

I saw this on a church marquee this week, and boy-howdy, isn't it the truth?! It really is important, so important, to cultivate those things that we WANT around because we always have our old (sinful, slothful, gluttonous ... choose an adjective) nature that WILL take over if we aren't watchful.

Old cemeteries beautiful to me, and I always find it a little sad when one is overgrown. The visual reminder is striking though. When we don't actively trim back those bad habits, they will grow and quite possibly overtake something we see as dear.

What a reminder of how important it is to be a active caretakers of our bodies as well as our souls.



3 comments:

  1. I firmly believe that if don't replace bad habits with good, the bad will come back in spades! I like old cemeteries, too. Have fun in Michigan. Will you be near the lake? The bran flakes are just TJ's regular plain flakes, but they are the best I've ever had. Yes, ice cream is a problem food. I am not good at serving sizes. That's why I bought the bars. "One and done!" Thank you for your continued encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to be on the Upper Peninsula. I'm not exactly sure what we'll be doing. We are going with friends and they've planned the whole trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (And that's what community is for, right?! Encourage and uplift!) :-D

    ReplyDelete