Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Activity victory!

I went roller skating tonight. It wasn't the first time that I had taken the children to this particular rink, but it was the first time that *I* went roller skating with them. Normally I just sit and read my book, but today I got a pair of skates and joined them.

Roller skating used to be my thing! Friday and Saturday nights were always spent at the Skateland, and I was pretty good. Of course, that was 25 years and a hundred pounds ago.

The skating tonight was a lot more work than I remember it, but it was a wonderful time. And for the first time, it really felt like a victory, just getting out there on the skates. I didn't really care what other people thought, that I was a lot more wobbly than I expected, or that my legs felt like pudding when I got home.

I SKATED AGAIN.

I loved it.

My children were delighted.

Tomorrow is a weigh-in day. No matter what the scale says, I feel -- today, at this moment -- that I am winning.

1 comment:

  1. That is great! I can hear the excitement in your voice! You are living!!! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete